Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: My hanging baskets in March!, 1 by heathrjoy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright heathrjoy

In reply to: My hanging baskets in March!

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My hanging baskets in March!
heathrjoy wrote:
Here's a cute little pumpkin done in plastic canvas. See how the sides are arched...it's flexible stuff, but still rigid. If anyone is not familiar w/ this stuff please let me know and I'll find some links for you or something so you can figure out what it is. I think everyone has seen this stuff at some point. Ladies usually work w/ it, they sew yarn thru it to make designs and nifty little things like kleenex holders and cute little magnets and holiday ornaments. The most I ever made was a box for in my fish tank for holding baby plants! LOL

I really think this stuff would work. Anyone who's familiar with it have an opinion about it? Please be honest, I don't want to waste time. I'd rather hear a no than have someone tell me nothing or a yes just to be polite!

Now, I need a plastic pot to cut. I think I will melt rather than cut. Melt it w/ a wood burner, it makes a cleaner edge. Any opinions on that? Size, shape, thickness? Anything?

This is too fun! If anyone else, especially Donna, is making anything please, PLEASE, **PLEASE** share your info about what works and what doesn't and please share pics if you can. Even if you don't want to post here then d-mail me. I really want this to work and want to get some of these made in time for planting this year, which is now for some of the folks down south.

Ok, thanks everyone...oh, here's the pic, almost forgot. LOL
Heather