Photo by Melody

Northeast Gardening: RI and New England Flower Show Reviews and Photos, 1 by gardenmart

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gardenmart

In reply to: RI and New England Flower Show Reviews and Photos

Forum: Northeast Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of RI and New England Flower Show Reviews and Photos
gardenmart wrote:
I'm glad you all enjoyed the NE Spring Flower Show. I will pass your comments on to the show director next week. I am a member of the Amateur Horticulture committee that sets up the individual exhibits. Yes, we were there, behind the Ikebana and next to the flower designs on the North side of the Bayside. I am chairperson of the Junior Horticulture committee and we had over 150 entries in our section of the exhibit from children, age 16 and under. Our Junior exhibit as a whole earned a Gold medal. I hope you caught some of our work. The adults were great too. If you saw any of this part of the show, please let me know what you thought of it!
I like Rhode Island also. It's a jewel of a show, with many fine exhibitors. I was sick over the weekend that it was on this year so I did not get to attend.
Great pictures Sedum. The begonia window was in the Amateur Horticulture section.
If you want to visit that magnificent bonsai again, it lives in Boston at the Arnold Arboretum. They will be putting them out for the year into their gazebo pretty soon and you can go and see them whenever you like. I loved all the carved stones, too. and that trough of succulents as well.
The giant birds kind of freaked me out. i remember one year when they had free range chickens free ranging at the Rhode Island Flower show. That was an idea that wasn't repeated, because the birds flocked to distant corners of the hall and hid from the public only coming back to roost when the show closed. You never know what's going to happen at a flower show!
Here's a picture of my personal Jade plant 'Hobbit' which got a second place in the succulent section of the amateurs. It didn't go on exhibit until 3/14 in the second amateur entry day.
I live for flower show week!
Martha