Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Site Help: Photo Quality Tips or FAQ, 1 by ilima

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ilima

Subject: Photo Quality Tips or FAQ

Forum: Site Help

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Photo Quality  Tips or FAQ
ilima wrote:
Hi all,

I am new here. Some of you may have noticed me wandering around.

I have and can take pictures of many tropical plants so I started uploading some for plants that didn't seem to have a lot of pictures. In my wanderings I have been quite impressed with the quality and the detail shown in so many photos and when comparing them to some of mine, mine seemed to come up a bit short in the detail and sharpness of the image.

So I went to the photo forum, read the FAQ's for uploading images again and read my camera manual again to see what I could do to improve. Apparently my easy and handy Kodak CX 7300 isn't the best for detail. I'd have to buy a new camera to match the quality I see in so many of your photo's.

My pictures aren't totally horrible by any means, but if they can be better I'd like to try. So I am making a suggestion I guess that somewhere there could be a short little FAQ or even a link to the photo forum where a camera savvy person could do a quick lesson on getting the most out of these simple digital cameras that so many of us have for taking better plant pictures.

What do you think?

A sample of my better work.

ilima