Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Germination of corkscrew vine, 1 by PudgyMudpies

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright PudgyMudpies

In reply to: Germination of corkscrew vine

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Germination of corkscrew vine
PudgyMudpies wrote:
Yes, regular store bought peroxide. If I am soaking the seeds I use 1 TBL peroxide to a quart of water and if I am killing mold I just dab it right on the soil with the mold using a cotton swab. I use the peroxide water to soak my peat pellet pots in too, the kind that look like a flat disc & when they get wet they swell up? I use the peroxide water with the thought that if there are any cooties in the pots it will kill them. No idea if true, just the way my mind works. LOL

Stop caring so much if they sprout. Another theory of mine. The more I want something, the less comes up. When I first started the Corkscrews it was from seeds I bought, a dollar a seed! and I wanted them SOOOOO bad, and even though I did the same method I do now, only a couple of the 20 seeds sprouted. Now I really could care less and even the duds sprout! So start ignoring them and see if that helps. LOL
Donna

p.s.
it is safe to ignore them because you have one plant. That one plant, of given full sun, will give you so many seeds that you won't know what to do with them! My 4 plants last year (2 of them were first year plants) gave me 88 PODS! And then about a month ago I saw that one of my vines had gone into the neighbors yard & when I pulled it over, there were another 20 some pods. LOL So when you start feeling blue about only having one plant, stop yourself. LOLOL