Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Crazed Bird Destroying House - Can Anyone Help?, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Crazed Bird Destroying House - Can Anyone Help?

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Crazed Bird Destroying House - Can Anyone Help?
DreamOfSpring wrote:
Oh, my g...he's Ba-ack!

There were 5 or more titmice in the yard the day I 1st saw him (again), but the minute I saw HIM, I knew it was him. Can't really explain it, other than his behavior is different - not afraid of me and kind of smart-alecky.

I took this photo that day in late Feb. Since then he has been hanging out in the little crepe myrtle against THE window - you know, his FAVORITE window. Just like before he gets sunflower seeds from the feeder across the yard (by the willow) and brings them to the crepe myrtle at the window to eat them. ALL of the "normal" titmice take their seeds back to the shelter of the nearby forest to eat them. I haven't seen (or heard) him damaging the window YET. But he looks longingly at the window and even flies toward it (from his perch in the crepe myrtle) and then detours at the last minute. One day I was sitting near the window when he was doing this and I was going, "no, no, no" because he just looked like he wanted to get back to work on that window SO bad.

He was back at the window today (but again stopped short of destroying things). He kept bringing his seeds over to eat them at the window. Will get a pick of him at the window soon.