Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Where to start ?????, 1 by wallis104

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright wallis104

Subject: Where to start ?????

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Where to start ?????
wallis104 wrote:
Quick background.... we're in Maryland and lost our home to Hurricane Isabel in September, 2003..... We tore down what was left of the existing house and rebuilt.......

Last spring/summer was our first back in the new house - and we really did more work inside than out........ I'd like to focus on getting a start on the outside this year.......

I did have a layout done by a landscape artist........ However - I don't see any clematis...... I don't know how that could have happened 'cause I've spent years suffering from "clematis envy"......... Can't imagine I didn't mention that to her.

These photos are of the street-side of our house....... I'd like to get suggestions on where to plant clematis and will also tell you what the landscape designer put on the layout.........

This is the side of our garage w/attached carport........ It faces east......... Does get some sun into the afternoon....... Right now till about 1:30PM......... Will increase as spring/summer arrive......

Starting at the right of the photo and moving toward the house...... the designer has an Alberta Spruce (on front corner)..... then 4 Skypencil Holly......... then in the middle of the side of carport - "Knockout" Rose and climbing rose..... followed by more Skypencil Holly........

I don't know that we're going to have the money to put into the landscape design - will most likely have to "pick and choose"........

I thought this would be a good spot for Clematis........ how many would you think? Where should I place? Should I combine with Roses?

Please let me know if I'm "overstepping bounds" by asking "too much".............

My most sincere thanks in advance.............. ~~ janice ~~