European Gardening: UNUSUAL PHEASANT IN THE GARDEN, 1 by wallaby1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright wallaby1

Subject: UNUSUAL PHEASANT IN THE GARDEN

Forum: European Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of UNUSUAL PHEASANT IN THE GARDEN
wallaby1 wrote:
Does anyone know about different types of pheasants? We often have the ordinary one stroll through the garden, and I do know of other types. I have seen albinos, and the Golden pheasant, and perhaps some others, but none at all like this one and certainly not in the garden!

It is a shame I didn't 'once more' have my camera permanently attached to my self, if I had I could have got a closer photo. By the time I got the camera it was at the back of the garden, I got some shots through the hinge gap of the upstairs back window. On zoom it is very slightly blurred on the beak, it was dull, but not too bad a shot. It has a very pale brown back instead of the normal ruddy red-brown. There is a very broad white ring around it's neck which can be seen not to it's full extent but it was quite crisp and distinct. I can see it's legs are a red-brown colour, there looks to be a bluish colour on it's ruffled feathers on its back. The colouring on it's head is also much different, and here is the handsome chap!