Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Help! Peach tree dripping gobs of jelly, 1 by danielsmom

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright danielsmom

Subject: Help! Peach tree dripping gobs of jelly

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Help! Peach tree dripping gobs of jelly
danielsmom wrote:
I posted my problem, but I guess I need to go to a broader forum. I'm new, forgive me. Anyway, we have three peach trees - two very productive last year, one not so good. One of our "good" trees has started dripping gob of (sap?) in several places. I've tried to find out how to treat with confusing results. This tree produced bushels of peaches last year - I hate to see it go down. We bought this house last July. Unfortunately the people we bought from had let everything (approx. an acre of fruit trees, berry bushes and flowers) go to weed. The man who owned it before them was a master gardener, and we would like to bring the property back to what it was. I know I'm going to need help; I'm so happy I found this website!
I found a picture that looks very similar to what we have, except that it is not on the bottom of the tree but on the branches.

I just spoke to my neighbor and she told me that when they moved in 20 years ago, the peach trees were already there. I didn't know they could produce that long.

This message was edited Mar 11, 2006 11:06 PM