Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Planter Boxes, Trellis, Vines, 1 by SCoveney

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SCoveney

Subject: Planter Boxes, Trellis, Vines

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Planter Boxes, Trellis, Vines
SCoveney wrote:
The Planter Boxes are in! - And Trellis, see post from today, below.

You can see an edge of the Patio in the foreground. You can also see the "view" under the stairs I am trying to screen. These are my new planter boxes, cast stone, weighing in at under 400 pounds for the 3 of them. They are 42", and 2 15" ones. They had one 72" planter box, but it weighed 700 pounds! We could have had them load it into the van, but how to get it out? :-D So we opted for these 3.

The Patio is 4.5" higher than the cement floor behind it, under the stairs. So hubby placed them on concrete bricks. They overlap the patio tiles by a few inches. It turns out that if you butt them together side by side, they total more than 72", because the lions' and cherubs' noses stick out! So Hubby had to chisel off 2 of the lions' noses so that they would fit. Also, by raising the 2 lion boxes, the nose features fit into the divots between the cherubs. Also, it looks kind of nice. I may place "pot feet" under these 2 lion boxes on the patio side, so they do not appear to be floating. What do you think?

Next, hubby will build us a custom trellis. His idea sounds really nice.

After that, I will plant vines. I have decided on Trachelospermum Jasminoides (Star Jasmine) after careful research and consideration of everyones' ideas on this forum. Thank you! I'm excited. I'll post photo updates each week or so.

This message was edited Apr 6, 2006 10:11 AM

This message was edited Apr 6, 2006 10:14 AM