Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Front yard garden - NO LAWN!!!!, 1 by Scorpioangel

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Scorpioangel

In reply to: Front yard garden - NO LAWN!!!!

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Front yard garden - NO LAWN!!!!
Scorpioangel wrote:
about 15 years ago I did away with all the lawn that was the 'yard' because it took soooooo much water to keep it going. To me it was such a waste of a precious resource. It takes a lot of sweat but it was well worth the effort. I used local rock that I located in the hills surrounding the area. The one thing that I would suggest .... if you have problems with ground rodents and tunnels use some hardware cloth before you build up the area. I wish I had done that. Moles tend to push dirt thru the cracks of rocks even if there are plants growing in them. The hardware cloth will keep them from coming up into the garden itself and disturbing the plants. I use decomposed granite for the walkways nice compaction, easy to rake leaves off, the only drawback to using DG is when it's wet it will track into the house(But for me it is better than the red silty clay dirt that I have)

Here is the only picture that I have on computer .... This is the place I put all the houseplants for the summer ..
DebiV