Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Lilies: Fragrant...., 1 by SteveIndy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SteveIndy

In reply to: Fragrant....

Forum: Lilies

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Fragrant....
SteveIndy wrote:
HI dax,

I am sure Wanda will chip in but I wanted to add my two cents about the Orienpets since I grow lot of them. They are similar in height to most Orientals, and maybe a little taller for me. Their shape is kinda of between a trumpet and an Oriental - and that varies by variety - but most are fairly flat. Silk Road is more trumpet shaped and downfacing and Conca d'Or is much flatter, almost like an Oriental. Futura is a solid butter-yellow that is between the two. Futura and Conca d'Or are both outfacing. I also tried Satisfaction last year for the first time, which is a rose-pink that is just beautiful - and I planted about 50 more this fall. All are extremely fragrant but less spicy-vanilla like than Orientals - it's almost as intense just a different type of scent. They seem to tolerate the hot sun much better than Orientals and don't wilt or burn nearly as easily, and mine have had great return-power the following year. Mine bloom in early to mid June and I would expect yours to be 2 or 3 weeks later.

Below is Satisfaction: