Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Deterring Digging Cats in the Garden, 1 by orchidfancy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright orchidfancy

In reply to: Deterring Digging Cats in the Garden

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Deterring Digging Cats in the Garden
orchidfancy wrote:
Well I am in the suburbs and I was surrounded by trees until we had the tornado in 2001 that cut thru the university of Maryland destroyed the forest along north paint branch one of the local stream, then turned and destroyed quite a bit of the houses in that area and turned into where I live and cut a path thru my backyard and all the neighboors in the next two streets. I could not go in my yard for a week, and when I did it was with the help of couple chain saws. It took us weeks to clear the yard and I am still burning the wood that was left from that tornado. and I probably have enought for the next season too. My yard has gone from complete shade to semi shade and now I have a portion of the back yard devoted to a veggie garden. I lost couple trees and millions of branches. My neighboors has a perfect spot for a swimming pool , his yard has been cleared completely. We see a lots of geese because they winter in Maryland.wehave fewer geese here than on the eastern shore but quite a few nevertheless. We can hear them honking and flying low going back and forth on the USDAproperties which are each side of US1. We are right in their path but no landing space . How did we go from cats to wildlife ? as they one thing leads to another. Equilibrium I enjoy reading your writing it let me know a bit more about other regions in this country. Well I will have to do windows I have company coming in a week and a party , my son is visiting with his family. then later my brother is coming from France with his wife and child for three weeks he has been here many time before , I think that my nefew is coming this summer also. It looks like the Williams are going to be busy with visitors this year...And I just ordered all my seeds for this year....imagine. Her is a picture of one section of my yard in College park