Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Georgia Gardening: Georgia Perennial Plant Association Symposium, 1 by soulgardenlove

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright soulgardenlove

In reply to: Georgia Perennial Plant Association Symposium

Forum: Georgia Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Georgia Perennial Plant Association Symposium
soulgardenlove wrote:
Due to having to feed my children, I arrived at 9:18 and it had started at 9;15... so I went to the back and grabbed a seat at a table and sat next to a great guy I started talking to and low and behold it was a speakers table and it was Jenks Farmer! It was great!

I got a great education on what he does, growing crinums and all about the private estate he works at full time in South Carolina. This estate was part of Jenks persentation and it is amazing. To see the estate yourself, go to http://www.mooreplants.com/. Be sure to watch the slide show as well.

************************* There are two PRIVATE invite only garden tours and in order to be invited, you must sign up for email at the site.************************************************

I will be doing everthing in my power to attend this year. I believe the spring tour will be in late May.

To see the crinums that Jenks sells himself, so to http://www.jenksfarmer.com/ and it is Lush Life Nurseries. Please note the the size of the crinums brought to the symposium were not what he is able to sell online. The largest one I bought at auction is about ten years worth of growth. However, I do want to say that he explained that while crinums can be found in ditches and on ebay really cheap, he has spent years growing and raising the ones that have the sturdy stems stalks and those that do not fall over in the mud. He has a masters in hort and is just so knowledgeable and educated about these plants that I would rest assuresd that you were buying from the best.

Me and Jenks Farmer.

This message was edited Feb 5, 2006 12:54 PM