Canadian Gardening: North of Churchill River, Saskatchewan, 1 by Soferdig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Soferdig

In reply to: North of Churchill River, Saskatchewan

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of North of Churchill River, Saskatchewan
Soferdig wrote:
Insulin is pretty hardy. I have kept insulin unreferigerated for up to 2 months with only a little need to increase dose. Freezing is the problem and once frozen it is gone. I always carry it and candy bars and blood glucose tester on my body in water tight bag. Also I have others stored in bullet proof locations. Other wise I have to go home early. Paddling is a great exercise for the diabetic and I feel that it is the one exercise that is perfect. You can paddle like a banshee or sit and cruise depending on wind waves and curents. There is always the earth to rest on if needed. Most of my paddling has been on coastal areas in the Pacific NW but I moved to Montana 10 years ago and have started to master white water so now is the time to go to adventure. You have so many remote areas up there I am excited. I know that I'm not picking the most beautiful rivers but the history is facinating when I travel where I have read about.
This picture is of a garden bed of my Jack russels grave. She went everywhere with me for 11 years.