Wildlife: Attracting the wildlife, 1 by lilyfantn

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lilyfantn

In reply to: Attracting the wildlife

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Attracting the wildlife
lilyfantn wrote:
Oh Stacey you are SO lucky!! I have to do everything myself because DH just isn't interested in gardening AT ALL. He also stays so busy with boy scouts and he coaches a middle school science teams. He has done a few things but it takes so much asking and waiting that I just do it myself now. I would LOVE a pond though and I wouldn't want to try that one myself. I do have a creek not too far away and get the benefit of wildlfe from there. I have a couple of ideas for a bog garden too involving digging a hole big enough for a bag of peat but haven't done that yet. No wonder you post such fabulous wildlife pictures - you have the perfect environment!

Terry - you sound like my kind of person!! I love possums too. I started planting my wild life stuff about 5 years ago. At this point if I had to move I wouldn't particularly miss my house but I would just hate to leave the yard lol! Here is a picture of a possum that visits at night and eats the leftovers I put out for the birds. He's so cute. :-)