Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Carnivorous Plants: Here are some buds/plantlets, 1 by Equilibrium

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Equilibrium

In reply to: Here are some buds/plantlets

Forum: Carnivorous Plants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Here are some buds/plantlets
Equilibrium wrote:
And here is my odd ball situation. I pulled 3 leaves from my gigantea. I placed two on damp vermiculite and sealed off the food storage container with Reynolds Wrap and a rubber band. My vermiculite must have been too moist because the leaves turned to mush in all of about 10 days. What is interesting is that I only had space to lay out 2 gigantea leaves in the food storage container yet I had pulled 3 leaves. I have read of people laying ping leaves out on top of the medium next to the parent plant and getting plantlets but I had never tried it before. I figured I had nothing to lose so I placed the third gigantea leaf on top of the potting medium next to the parent plant. Interestingly enough... there is a tiny bud on that leaf that is not showing up in my photo. You can tell the leaf is still viable but you can't see the little pup yet. Too cool. I lose the 2 gigantea leaves that were prepared properly and I get a strike from the leaf that was tossed on top of the mix.