Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Wanna help me plan?, 1 by 4xthefun

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 4xthefun

Subject: Wanna help me plan?

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Wanna help me plan?
4xthefun wrote:
Since my mom very sternly (using my middle name and all) told me to stay off my feet I thought I would plan my container planting and start my seeds using that wintersowing method I saw on another thread.

I had my son take pics of my pots and measure them. I also have 5 earthboxes.

My earthboxes were a bust last year. I don't know what I did wrong. Perhaps the soil I used?

I want tomatoes, I have never successfully grown tomatoes in South Texas and it just kills me cause I grew up in CA and I got so many tomatoes I couldn't give them away fast enough!

I would also like to have strawberries, green beans, beans suitable for drying for soups, cukes and maybe some small melons.

I would love some cool weather veggies too but maybe it's too late for that in my area. Broc, carrots, lettuces and spinach.

First off, this is the soil I have used for my EB because unlike the brandnames it doesn't seem to have added fertilizer. I don't have any of the EB listed potting medims available in my area.

Laura