Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

African Violets and Gesneriads: Basement babies, 1 by critterologist

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright critterologist

In reply to: Basement babies

Forum: African Violets and Gesneriads

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Basement babies
critterologist wrote:
yah.... yah.... putting that one on your wish list, Kenton! I'd say she's not "pale pink." I'll make a final judgment when she blooms.... colors are hard to tell sometimes....

For example, I took a flash photo of the AVs currently on my kitchen island. (They also benefitted from the florescent lights & started blooming this week!) I've already deleted the picture because the color was so untrue.... the dark red one showed as stopsign red, and the violet-purple one showed as dark pink -- not even close!

This photo with no flash shows their true colors, I think.... at least it does if your monitor is adjusted the same as mine! LOL, that's why the First Class software has all sorts of disclaimers about how you're not supposed to use the photos for identification purposes!

The deep maroon red one is a NoID from Home Depot. The big purple bloom in the adjoining pot might be 'Purple Ruffles', but the mother plant of that variety is on its very last leg (very last toe, actually, as I potted up a 4 leaf crown from it in desperation last week), so I haven't seen it bloom in a long time, and somehow this pot lost its tag. Anyway, the perky plant behind that duo is 'Sure to Please'.... and both the foliage and the flowers sure do please me!