Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: White spots on Giant White BOP, 1 by keonikale

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright keonikale

Subject: White spots on Giant White BOP

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of White spots on Giant White BOP
keonikale wrote:
Perhaps it's just my plant paranoia during the winter switching on, but I thought I'd check with some of you on this problem rather than ignore it. I've read the Giant White BOP's aren't prone to any kind of bug problems or diseases. Still, I have these white spots that keep randomly appearing on the plant and I'm curious as to what they are and how to get rid of them.

They aren't in the leaves, they are like a very small mold growing on them. I seem to have noticed them back near the start of the fall when the sunlight stopped shinning directly into my living room (it's a big west window and it looses light in the winter). This is my first year in my new apartment so I didn't realize it'd loose it's light source in winter until just a few weeks ago. Today I moved the plant into my office where it'll get morning and almost all the afternoon sun. Whether that'll solve this white spot problem or not, who knows.

Below are some pictures... maybe some of you can help me figure out exactly what these spots are and how to get rid of them (if I even need to). I've tried gentle soap and water and just water and that gets rid of them for a week or so, but then they return slowly but surely back on the plant.

Thanks for any help.

John