Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Greenhouse: Starting seeds, 1 by jackieshar

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jackieshar

In reply to: Starting seeds

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Starting seeds
jackieshar wrote:
Do you think a radiant foil with bubblewrap in the middle might help? I live in a warmer climate, but it sounds like that you have so little sunlight that a reflective foil may be a good thing for you.......check it out at farmtek.com...or send for their free catalog......I put it on my north wall and roof from the inside and it wasnt really very expensive a little less than $100 for a 4X 65 foot roll with reflective tape for installing.........guess it would depend on how big an area you have, mine is just a hobby house 16X14 and I only do the north side

I have the black plastic barrels and use them as bases for my benches ,they are 24 inches wide, and line the south and north walls......while they are slow to heat, they will eventually.....

But sorry...I don't know what it's like to garden in cold country.....I live in Hotterthanhell, Texas....be about like you trying to tell me how to stay cool in November........ it was 89 here 2 days ago..not normal.........

Goodluck,
Jackie