Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: My 30-year-old philodendron, 1 by kbaumle

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kbaumle

Subject: My 30-year-old philodendron

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My 30-year-old philodendron
kbaumle wrote:
My DH and I got a philodendron as a gift from our florist when we got married 30 years ago. It has survived us all these years...LOL...and in another thread someone suggested that I take cuttings and start some plants for our two daughters. It has recently perked up, but still not as healthy as it could be. One vine was very long (4 feet) and the other maybe 2½ feet. I took a total of six cuttings and used rooting powder and planted them two to a plastic glass in about 4 inches of Miracle Gro Moisture Control Potting Soil. I watered them (along the side so that the powder wouldn't rinse off) until I saw the wetness reach the bottom. They are now sitting close to a south window. Our oldest daughter is getting married in August 2006 and I would love to present her and her new husband with a nice healthy pot that was part of her parents' wedding gift. What else can I do to help these root and flourish?

I imagine cutting this off the main plant will be good for it.