Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Crazed Bird Destroying House - Can Anyone Help?, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Crazed Bird Destroying House - Can Anyone Help?

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Crazed Bird Destroying House - Can Anyone Help?
DreamOfSpring wrote:
Joseph, I think the cardinals must be particularly fond of car mirrors. A friend of mine had the same perplexing situation with his car and a cardinal. I've pretty much concluded that Mr Titmouse is not fighting with himself in the windows. He shows a "strong preference" for the screened windows. Given the quantity of dust on my screens, he can't possibly see a reflection in the windows. I think he's young, appears to be in molt. I think he has staked out my backyard, complete with feeder, birdbaths, and lots of seeding plants, as his new territory. He might be in trouble next spring when Ms Mockingbird has her brood and resumes her post as guardian of the backyard. She barely tolerates my presense.

Here is a good photo. At 1st it just looks like a pic of the windows displaying the scarey faces. If you look closely at the blue circle I added, you will see Mr Titmouse at his post and quite oblivious to the big orange owl faces!