Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: Pots have white mold....what is this?, 1 by KiMFDiM

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright KiMFDiM

In reply to: Pots have white mold....what is this?

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Pots have white mold....what is this?
KiMFDiM wrote:
Yea, what's interesting is that I have all my plants grouped in my family room right in front of my south-facing sliding glass doors to the back patio with 6 long-tubed flourescent grow lights hitting them all.

Now, all these plants in this group are humidity-loving and are sitting on humidity trays (the non-humidity plants are in the family room where the fireplace is), but I do open the door every day for at least 15 mintues (even in winter as I hate stagnant, stale air...my husband hates this practice!), but I'm wondering if hitting them with a fan every day will help.

I can't isolate the pot as they all have it. But most of these plants are "moist, never dry out"...and while I let them dry a little bit over winter, I can't let them dry out all the way or the foliage will begin showing it sooner or later.