Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Carnivorous Plants: Here's my beloved P. 'John Rizzi', 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: Here's my beloved P. 'John Rizzi'

Forum: Carnivorous Plants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Here's my beloved P. 'John Rizzi'
wrote:
Here's Drosera spathulata. Again, bought it to share with our mutual North Carolinian. I found these two at a local nursery that specializes in tropicals and was surprised to find them there.

One thing, I've read the threads here about watering CPs. When I bought 'Tarnok' I discussed watering with the guy I bought him from, a CP dealer who shows at all the local gardening shows. He gave the the same info, but said I could put them in my veggie filter (attached to my pond) as long as I kept them potted in the peat moss/sand mixture. I was worried that this water would have too many nutrients for them, but experimented with it and they have been thriving in the veggie filter all summer. I have the pots just barely sunk into the gravel. Am I pressing my luck?

Edited to say: this one for the greenhouse before long, too?

Oh, and does it mean that I am getting addicted if I am always checking out the pitiful CPs that Lowes carries, just in case I find a really cool one? Actually, I bought my Darlingtonia there and it has done very, very well indeed.

This message was edited Oct 21, 2005 10:20 PM