Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Perennials: Fall Gardening - What are you doing?, 1 by gardenergail

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gardenergail

In reply to: Fall Gardening - What are you doing?

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Fall Gardening - What are you doing?
gardenergail wrote:
Well I messed around and managed to hit Lowe's just as the clearance sale started, so I have LOTs of planting to do! I got 2 'Wine and Roses' weigelas and a variegated one, a 'Goldflame' spirea, and a flowering almond for $3 each!! Who could pass that up? Now I've got to decide where to put them... and SOON! I'm pretty sure they'll go in between the butterfly bushes I got earlier this spring, so I'll have a nice flowering shrub "fence" in front of my neighbor's chain link on one side of our back yard.

I've had so many projects this year! I did a big round bed (20' across) around a tree stump in my front yard and planted it with 4 hy tea roses, about a dozen miniature roses, and 25 or so daylilies. I transformed a former veggie garden in the back yard into a canna garden (with LOTs of other stuff in there too) with a big 3-tier strawberry bed kind of in the middle and paths going around and out from it. I doubled the size of the beds on each side of my front porch and have been planting them up, and then my friend ButterflyChaser came over and helped me scrape (what a MESS!) and paint the gable end of my house next to the driveway so we could get my new water garden installed! Since we did that, I've been designing and working on landscaping a big new bed around that!

I am SO ready for this season to wind down! I sure hope next year I get to just water, weed, prune, and ENJOY!

So now for a couple of pics....

Hey... you ASKED what we were doing! lol
Gail
This is the canna garden with 16 varieties.....