Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

European Gardening: Legs at last!!...., 1 by sueone

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sueone

Subject: Legs at last!!....

Forum: European Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Legs at last!!....
sueone wrote:
Hi,

I've just got to share this with you.

My Grandson was born about 7 months ago with severe club feet, and has spent his whole life in thick plaster casts up to his thighs, he was put on this new trial of treating his feet.

Starting out in Brighton, they treated him for a while, but it wasn't sucessful, so they've been going up to Manchester every week, which is where they poineered the system in England.

Kathy, my sons girlfriend has had to lug Ethan , pushchair, car seat and all the many items babys need for the day on the train from Brighton to Manchester, once sometimes twice a week, leaving at 8 in the morning and not getting homw until gone 9 at night .he's had two ops, and numerous plasters, which have had to be extremely thick because he smashes his legs down and breaks them!!..

this week they went for the last time to Manchester, because he's now on enough to be fitted with his boots and bars.Might not seem much, but a milestone for all of us.It seems strange to see his legs...

they've not been able to bath him, play with him in the water, do all the things you don't think about, even his clothes have been awkward.

It's good to see them on the last stretch now.

His Dad, my son , is a keen snow boarder, looks like Ethan might be training to join him!!..