Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Gorgeous Fuchia!, 1 by jamie68

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jamie68

In reply to: Gorgeous Fuchia!

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Gorgeous Fuchia!
jamie68 wrote:
Janet S. - The blue flower in the pic is a shrub named Ceanothus 'Victoria'. There are dozens of different Ceanothus....from 4ft x 4ft....to 15ft tall at mature height! Most have beautiful blue flowers, with nice deep green, shiny foliage - mostly evergreen in my zone. Really wonderful shrubs!

I think you may have a different plant, although it is a very pretty one! :-) The flowers on my Cape fuchsia (Phygelius) are never closed at the ends like a true Fuchsia.....they are open ended and flared at the end. A true Fuchsia has flowers that are closed on the end...and then pop open showing the inside petals, often a different color...do your flowers do that?? In the pic above it seems to have closed flowers....maybe I just am not seeing it right....let me know! It is quite pretty though, a healthy little plant! Did it grow well this season?? This pic is of a true Fuchsia....'Double Otto'

Jamie