Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Florida Gardening: 15 mos. old and the first blooms!, 1 by trackinsand

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright trackinsand

Subject: 15 mos. old and the first blooms!

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of 15 mos. old and the first blooms!
trackinsand wrote:
2 yrs. ago a friend gave me a plumeria that had been in a small original pot for several years. she had it in the shade and it never flowered. i planted it in my backyard and it really took off. in the meantime we were getting ready to move and i didn't want to dig it up because i didn't think it would live up here, but i did cut off two small branches and stick them in this big pot. well, when we moved the poor thing got stuck out of sight around the corner of the house. that was last november. we didn't break any cold records last winter, but i think it did break a record for longest stretch of unusually cool, wool jackets and heavy frost more than a few mornings. when i realized it had been left out i was really bummed. i stuck it out in the sun against the fence and by june the tips were turning green, by july it was leafing out and now here we are almost the end of september and i finally know what color the flowers are! i'm really excited and it is coming in this winter!!! debi