Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Florida Gardening: S Fla Galloping Gardeners 8/19/05, 1 by artcons

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright artcons

In reply to: S Fla Galloping Gardeners 8/19/05

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of S Fla Galloping Gardeners 8/19/05
artcons wrote:
Molly, two years is way too long to stay away from the key's. I think I left my guide and butterfly book with you at Butterfly World. Hold on to it for me will you...

Sylvain, I spent a week in Montreal back in 67 during the Expo 67 there. Great time there and loved the spectacular buildings they built for the event. Is the area still there? I sure hope they didn't tear down all those great modernistic buildings.

On butterfly pictures. If interested I posted a thread from my first trip to the Key West Butterfly Conservatory. Here is the link. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/509700/ There are a lot of pictures of butterflies & moths there. I will go through my pictures this trip to see which I took this time were not already posted there. I will post the new pictures there rather than clogging up this thread with butterfly pictures.

One of my main targets this trip was to get pictures of the many ways they use water there. I am planning some kind of pond, or waterfall, or both for the yard in the future. I was looking for input. I am not very original, but I sure can copy other's ideas.
Since this place is small, their use of water, bridges, waterfalls are all done on/in small area's, more like you would find in a backyard vs Butterfly World where their water, bridges and waterfalls are much bigger.

That said, I am looking forward to my next trip with our club, no matter where it is or where we go. I always have a good time with Molly, Nancy and Val.

Here is a picture of an "orchid tree". It's not really an orchid tree, but it is a novel way to display orchids. This is on the way out of the conservatory. This tree holds twenty two potted orchids.
Art