Florida Gardening: S Fla Galloping Gardeners 8/19/05, 1 by lourspolaire

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lourspolaire

In reply to: S Fla Galloping Gardeners 8/19/05

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of S Fla Galloping Gardeners 8/19/05
lourspolaire wrote:
Greetings from dark, cold, wet, rainy Montreal.

I never thought I'd say this but "I want to go to Florida NOW"; specially after reading what a good time you had at Butterfly World.

Molly, thank you for the lovely pictures. You brightened my day. What do you mean when you say you're the worst picture taker? Those are excellent. Thanks again.

Art, I was so sorry to read that you dropped your camera. I was glad to read it's working again. I always carry batteries in my pocket because digital cameras just gobble them up. Worst offender is the nifty little LCD screen at the back. I buy Kirkland brand batteries in packs of 48 at Costco for about $14.00. When they're tired, I bring them to this battery place that recycles them.

I went the rechargeable battery route at the beginning but that was problematic at best. I am thoroughly addicted to my camera. I use it every day. If it broke, I would run to the store to buy another one. Not that I could use the expense, but I would give into my addiction quickly. Best wishes with that.

All is not dready here today. A potted hibiscus has bloomed for us this morning. No, I didn't spray it with a squirt bottle! That's rain. I went out barefoot in my bath robe, with my umbrella and camera 15 minutes ago to get this one while it lasted. I've lived here 28 years. The neighbours all know I'm crazy and they just don't call the police. Thank God for that. Good neighbours are hard to train.

Soak up a little sun for me if you can.
Sylvain.