Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Critters in my bed!!, 1 by konkreteblond

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright konkreteblond

Subject: Critters in my bed!!

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Critters in my bed!!
konkreteblond wrote:
Something is tearing up my Gomphrenas! It's not eating them, just slicing stalks off. I found some the other day in one part of the yard, then found that IT had done it to my big plant across the yard. Tonight I saw that it had chopped off a lot of the branches on the big plant. :( WHAT could/would do that?? I also noticed that a large peach is totally gone from a hanging bird feeder. (I put fruit there for the butterflies) This is happening at night. I couldn't think of anything else to do tonight so I stuck a package of plastic forks in the ground around the plant. Hopefully I won't find something inpaled on the forks tomorrow!

A while back I had something that kept sitting in the middle of one of my Mexican Feather grasses. It would just be flat and I'd try to fluff it up but the next night it would be squished. It finally got so ugly because it was dead in the middle that I just pulled it up and replanted a new one. No idea what that was either. I swore it was a huge toad I have but can't prove it. lol

This is a pic of the sliced ends. I guess something could have eaten part of the stems, but it's not shredded at all.