Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: Voles, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Voles

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Voles
Gitagal wrote:
I am trying to remember the details here.....

We have a nursery here that is owned by Alan Summers and he has a radio show and also an e-mail Newsletter. See Carrollgardens.com and sign up for it. it is FREE! He is our local Gardening Guru!!! People here swear by what he says!

Anyway, he says that you should put "Remick" (sp?) under a saucer and weigh it down with a brick near the mole holes. The moles will go under there and eat the bait. Having it in the open, or down the holes does not work that good.

To my dismay (!!) I saw 2- 5' long black snakes in my Garden this year for the first time. I watched them for over an hour! Then, when they were done with their "hanky panky" in my old Juniper bush, they came down and started moving on to----------------YIKES!!! Under my front concrete porch!!!! Scary? Yes! But--I have not seen them since! Also, my chipmunk population is way down!

They DO earn their keep! Still not sure I am happy about knowing I could go outside one night and step on one of them and get bit.....
I know they are not venomous---BUT...........they ARE snakes.......

Gitagal

How does this grab you??? He/she was just looking at me!