Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: corkscrew vine is budding nicely, 1 by OhioBreezy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright OhioBreezy

In reply to: corkscrew vine is budding nicely

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of corkscrew vine is budding nicely
OhioBreezy wrote:
WOW Donna!!! I just love the closeup shots this camera takes!!!! What kind did you get and do you just love it or what!!!!!????? You know I am dying to get a new one, perhaps this is one for me as well, my old one is so trying at times I think I will throw it in the creek!!!!
Great photos, and yes, oh my yes, do I remember you and that torturing phone call LOLOL, I can't wait, literally, I peek all darn day long at them, I better stop that or I might just make them shrivel up and fall off LOL, weird though that I don't have ants hovering all over mine! we have ants galore here, but not on these vines, they are all over the trumpet vines, etc. maybe because they are in pots?

LOL Robert will have to give in someday to that sunroom won't he? LOL he says when we build our cabin on the other property that I can have a whole greenhouse, hmmmmmmm that might be awhile, but yes, Julie chopped the one I gave her down to the soil line in the winter and ceased the watering, this spring she watered and up it shot, she had it wound all around a little "ladder" looking thing and it has far surpassed it and you can't even find it now under all the growth, I potted it up a little larger and only used the soil from outback from the garden, but they seem to like it that way.

Here is a photo of mine in the pots today, one on left of doorway is the 3 year old one vine in that pot, on right of door is the 3 vines. I have them twined and re wound all around each other, they would be touching the rooftops if I didn't keep them in check. They are both pretty lush, they are on the north side of house and get early morning sun and late evening sun only, shaded from around 11 to 5 or 6 pm. I water 2-3 times per day each pot, I only use my alfalfa on them with no other fert, but they seem to love it there, so I will leave them alone for now.