Perennials: 'Color Echoes' Part III: Pics from your Garden, 1 by NoH2O

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright NoH2O

In reply to: 'Color Echoes' Part III: Pics from your Garden

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of 'Color Echoes'  Part III: Pics from your  Garden
NoH2O wrote:
Doss, I loved seeing your picture of Conjuration. I have it on my Iris wish list (which seems to number in the thousands LOL) but it is nice to see it in somebody's yard rather than just in a catalog where it could be doctored up so to speak. Your picture is as stunning as any I have seen in a catalog.

I too am a plant collector and since I have limited space I tend to squeeze the latest acquisition into whatever open ground I can find as long as I am meeting its basic light and drainage requirements. Every once in a while I get a delightful combination which I consider pure serendipity. Sometimes the combos are horrific and my punishment is to move the offenders asap.

I do pay more attention to color combinations and texture when I am planting pots. That is one of the things that makes them so fun. Pirl encouraged me to post this picture of a pot I made for the front of the house. On the left is an unnamed coleus, in the middle is 'Glennis' and on the right is a rose form impatiens that is a hot coral color. I added white fibrous begonia and blue ageratum to lighten it all up.

Did you all visit this thread to see some wonderful plant combinations in pots? http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/532673/