Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Mycorrhizae?? Do flower gardeners use/need this?, 1 by jamie68

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jamie68

In reply to: Mycorrhizae?? Do flower gardeners use/need this?

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Mycorrhizae?? Do flower gardeners use/need this?
jamie68 wrote:
I have used Messenger this year, and it was more effective than I had even hoped!! It is such a new product, and there is so much confusion about it - I really had to read a lot to find good, reliable info. We are so used to fertilizers, and this product is so NOT a fertilizer, that taking the time to read a bit about it like tabasco did is a great idea.

This product is like an immune system booster for our plants, helping them to fend off, and resist attack from everything - bugs, mildew, rust, etc..... It does not feed them, nor improve the soil, and all it takes is a mist on the leaves - more is a waste....and boy does it work!!! My roses are amazing since I started using it - no more black-spot, and earlier in the year some of them had lost every last leaf to it before my Messenger use! My lilies are all taller, and the flowers are HUGE!!! My Hosta have so little slug damage this year that this benefit alone will keep me using the product! I think it gives the plant so much increased vigor, that more energy gets to go to growing foliage, and flowers - it is exciting to have a whole new type of product to try on our gardens!!!

This rose had not one leaf early in the growing season. A wet, cold spring made black-spot a very big problem. After 3 applications of messenger at 3wk intervals.....amazing change!!! Not only green, healthy foliage - but loaded with buds and blooms. I love Messenger!!! :o)

Jamie