Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: trumpet vine - finally blooming, 1 by OhioBreezy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright OhioBreezy

In reply to: trumpet vine - finally blooming

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of trumpet vine - finally blooming
OhioBreezy wrote:
Oh Connie, I am delighted to hear from you, I get online early morning before work and run around DG LOL. sooooooooooooo did you like some of those seeds tee hee, I was so happy to find someone who could use a box full. I knew time wouldn't permit me to do much seed sowing this year or probably next and hated to waste so many different variety of seed.

I am anticipating the blooms of my yellow one, so far I've had it for nearly 11 years and never had a seed pod on the yellow, always blooms but no seed pods, not sure why, but hoping since I introduced some deeper oranges to the mix maybe I will get a pod, if not, I always find little runnered babies to dig and share, this year I actually did find 2 - right where the patio will be, they are resting now in a little pot to see if they are going to make it.

My gardens are taking off, I am also finding tons of seedlings coming up in places I didn't imagine they would be, but then the flood just swooshed things everywhere!! 2 of the Daturas have bloomed and a third getting ready to. They really like the spot I have them and I am so glad. I also am finding some of my datura wrightii babies coming up out back, glad I found them, or they would have been dozed over all over again when we get the back leveled off to seed.

You Brugs are doing beautifully here, too early for blooms, but soon I expect, some are still in large pots waiting for my patio to be finished so I can get them into their proper homes. this Sunday we are getting the gravel and wire down, then the cement, I am too excited, it's taking forever because I work Sunday thru thursday, and my hubby works Friday thru Sunday, we definitely have conflicting schedules right now, hard to get a thing done that requires 2 people!!!!

It was so good to hear from you!! I will try to keep you updated on some of the things you sent, as it stands here is a photo of the Datura, hope you like it :)
~Laurrie