Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Gerbera Daisies in Containers, 1 by Zuzu

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Zuzu

In reply to: Gerbera Daisies in Containers

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Gerbera Daisies in Containers
Zuzu wrote:
Pirl, the first thing I have to say is that your bargain gerbera is a beauty! It's so big and lush. Sorry about not using your real name, but I'm so used to calling you Pirl that Arlene seems alien to me.

You and I are obviously shopping at the same places because I have all of those pots. I think they look great, but I agree with your husband about the bistro set. It would look perfect right there. Is your house brand new? Everything is so clean.

By the way, don't believe a word Tammy says. Her garden is gorgeous (and quite neat, in my opinion).

I tend to have a much more crowded garden because I can't resist buying plants every time I go out. Consequently, every inch of space got filled a long time ago and I've been reduced to converting totally unsuitable spaces into gardens. The group of flower beds in the picture below is in what used to be the driveway. I had truckloads of potting soil brought in and made deep rock-rimmed beds right on top of the asphalt. Good thing I don't have a car anymore because there's no way it could ever get into the garage. This picture was taken in the middle of March, before most of the stuff out there had even started to bloom. Now you can't even see the rocks around the flower beds or the paths in between them anymore. Godetia has seeded everywhere and the whole space looks like a godetia plantation. If the rain stops before the godetias do, I'll take a picture of them.