Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Finally some hollyhock blooms, 1 by MollyMc

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MollyMc

In reply to: Finally some hollyhock blooms

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Finally  some  hollyhock blooms
MollyMc wrote:
2 Years ago I got a Hollyhock seedling from an old neighbor. She didn't know what color they would be. I planted it and it grew a little, then I moved and took it with me. It got taller and taller. Problem was getting a good picture. They were always blurry. So after 2 years it finally bloomed, Hot Pink. It's now about 8 feet tall and being held up by a citrus tree. The buds lower down on the main stalk started blooming first, then eventually they bloomed all the way to the top.

I tried to take some seeds from it, but they didn't feel quite right, But what do I know, I never took seeds from Hollyhocks before.

I was amazed this thing got so tall, and that it took so long to bloom. Now you tell me their life span is short? humph.

This is the best picture I could find. It's the one with the pink flowers going up the middle of the picture.

I have a couple black hollyhocks I bought last fall, so now we wait for the next 1 1/2 years to see flowers.

Molly
:^)))

I just received some Dahlia tubers and I think they will love that tree with the Hollyhocks ((((Carol))))