Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Some general clematis questions, 1 by toni5735

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright toni5735

In reply to: Some general clematis questions

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Some general clematis questions
toni5735 wrote:
Hi hoa_rd!

I have a Polish Spirit clemetis growing up some chain link fencing thats hung on the garage. It grows like crazy and it's already in and past the gutters. I did alot of tilling too close to it's roots and noticed some die-off on a few vines but loe and behold a few weeks later another shoot came up from the roots and is now half way up the garage! I find it easier to grow them seperately rather than ON another plant because it makes it easier to cut them back when the time comes.

Another clemetis Jackmanjii (?) is growing on some wood lattice also attached to the garage. With the lattice you have to manually weave the vines because it's too wide for the clemetis to grasp ahold of. After awhile it grows on itself.

I don't know how the clemetis would do in a permanent container in Chicago since all of mine are in-ground.

Just remember to put the clemetis with it's feet in the shade and it's head in the sun.

Here's a pic of Polish Spirit