Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: Snatchin' Part X... Salvaging at the Dump, 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: Snatchin' Part X... Salvaging at the Dump

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Snatchin' Part X... Salvaging at the Dump
wrote:
Here's a "snatch" confession: During our recent vacation to Utah's red rock country (i.e.: God's country because it is so beautiful) we made a pit stop at a small gas station somewhere in Idaho. As I entered the small restroom I noticed a sad little floral arrangement on the wall. I'm talking sad here. Dusty, faded ribbon, broken stuff. Etc. Not that I'm rationalizing or anything like that.... anyway, three dried lotus pods graced this little arrangement. Two were cracked and the seeds were just about falling out! I felt I must rescue them before they fell to the ground! I emerged a few minutes later with a pocket full of 6 lotus seeds of unknown variety. My DH thought my smile was pretty strange, since the kids were traveling with us and I had no reason to have that secret little smile that he knew of! LOL When I showed him the seeds he just shook his head. The kids said "mom you STOLE them?". I had to explain the concept of snatchin' then and there. Of course one of the "kids" is 20 so she's not too young to know.
Other snatches gained on this trip: seeds from a beautiful dwarf lupine growing wild in Utah, seeds from a fabulous orange mallow that turns the desert orange in Utah, starts from a couple of sedums growing in a garden outside our hotel in Oregon on the way home.
I wish I could have snatched more seeds from all the blooming flowers in Utah! Unfortunately, they were in full bloom and no seeds were to be found.

Here's a photo of the orange mallow that was so glorious!