Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: You have to see my Beech trees....!, 1 by plymouthgarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plymouthgarden

In reply to: You have to see my Beech trees....!

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of You have to see my Beech trees....!
plymouthgarden wrote:
yes, that is an ever-spreading field of petasites!!! funny thing is - i have petasites in several other spots in the yard, but i have NO recollection of ever putting it THERE. last year i couldn't figure out what it was as it's much different from the other petasites which is much more reserved, not as big, and not spreading like in that spot - i don't remember those plants flowering last year either - but this year i sure did recognize the flower. DUH! last year those leaves were over 18", the other petasites in the other areas never got bigger then maybe 9". i do love it though!

wish i could grow gunnera here, but i don't think it'd survive our winters. i also have rodgersia that is just showing it's brown/rusty colored leaves, it'll be interesting to see what that looks like this year, last year was the first year in and it didn't do much, but it's very enthusiastic so far this year! also, my darmera (sp?) palmata has flowered this year, first flowering and it's been in for 3yrs. that was very exciting!

thanks for the note - yeah - aren't those trees grand? we sure are lucky...!

kara