Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: homemade vs. real, 1 by kingedking

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kingedking

In reply to: homemade vs. real

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of homemade vs. real
kingedking wrote:
Saint - I am using the make believe EBs from Wally World in addition to my real EBs. The mater plants in the make believe EBs are less than 1/3 the size of the ones in the real EBs. (Big Lots had the exact same self watering 1 cu.ft. containers for 6.99 vs 10.47 at Wal Mart)
They are better than top watering but they don't hold much water. Unless you can fill them up 2-4 times a day, I wouldn't plant any indeterminates in them. I think you can see one of the container ones in this pic and compare it to the EB plants. The containers work OK but the plant size and yield seems to be waaaaay down compared to the EBs. The one made from 5 gallon buckets over in the tomatoe forum looked interesting. I may have to make one like that. I'd recommend getting at least 1 EB. Then you could get your own comparison. I would not have believed the difference I got if I didn't see it with my own eyes. Ouch, just hit 91.5 degrees. I think summer has arrived.