Specialty Gardening: Future container garden area, 1 by SoCal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SoCal

In reply to: Future container garden area

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Future container garden area
SoCal wrote:
Oh yes, Candy, I've been working on the items that are going into that space.

Friday, I went to buy the waterproof roofing tar, to paint inside of the clay pots. I also was looking for some concrete stain to put on some stepping pavers that I will be using to elevate some of the pots. My dad gave me about 12 of them but they are the grey ones and I don't want them grey. I can only find the gallon size for $20 and that's too much for a few pavers. Off to Michaels I went, to buy some Patio Paint to paint a few of the pots with and it says on the bottles that you can use it on concret...yippee...solution solved.

Sat. was grandson day, so I didn't get to work on the project at all.

This morning we are getting back on track. DH is wire brushing down the iron gate, as there was a lot of rust forming, and then we will repaint it white again. I will be putting the coat of paint on the window pane and then that project will be done. After that I will paint the inside of the clay pots and let them dry also.

It's amazing all the little things that need to be done, before the actual placing of items can be done. I'm getting antsy, as I want it finished NOW...hehe.

Blooms, it's so nice to see you here watching my small project. If you have any input, feel free to share. Someday, when you go to Spins, you have to come for a visit. I was sorry we couldn't do it this past Spring.

Candy, I almost bought a small strawberry pot the other day at the pot place. I just might have to get one after I see how this all come together.

Here is a pic of my DH wire brushing the Iron Gate.

Donna