Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Reclaiming my little cottage garden...., 1 by Gardennuttz

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gardennuttz

In reply to: Reclaiming my little cottage garden....

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Reclaiming my little cottage garden....
Gardennuttz wrote:
Okay, I will share photos of my other furkids.. lol... Samson is very handsome... I could just hug him.... Cats are my first love for a critter... always has been ... but I do like dogs too..just prefer kitties...

Susan, your cottage garden is so much better layed out than mine.... and I adore the trellis... I would love to get my hubby to make me a nice trellis like that... maybe I shall drop a few hints...

I have huge clumps of some sort of grass that actually has to be dug out... and the roots go very deep.. so for the moment, I am weed wacking it down... I have already dug out several clumps of the stuff, but have a long way to go. My hubby says to leave it and use it as you would stepping stones... So, do you think he does not wish to dig?? haha.. He loves the garden to look at and enjoy, but he really is not much interested in working in it. He does not know a week from a lily, as I sadly found out last week. I grew a tiger lily from seed and it finally was going to bloom for me, and he just grabbed it pulled it out and said "Hon, what kind of weed is this?" AAAARRRRGGG

Here is another of my furbabies... This is Molly. I was driving down the road near to a large cave and she ran across the road in front of me. There were no houses within several miles, so I stopped and pulled over and just called "Kitty, Kitty," and she ran right up to me and hopped into the car and licked all over my face... I thought she was attacking me, and it scared the bejeebers outta me.. but she was purring her little head off... so home we went... That was 14 years ago... She does not like other cats at all, and will not socialize with them... not even for a second... but she loves me and my hubby... Molly always looks like she is ticked off, and she growls when you pet her and hold her, but that is just her way of "talking"... Takes a bit of getting used to and I have a close friend that is scared to death of her because she growls... and she knows it and will play it to the hilt... what fun... lol..