Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Irises: Help. Does Anyone Know "Who" This Is?, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Help. Does Anyone Know "Who" This Is?

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Help. Does Anyone Know "Who" This Is?
DreamOfSpring wrote:
Hi doss,

Last summer I placed sizable orders with Schreiner's, Cooley's, and Leotas along with smaller orders from a number of other vendors. In late summer my knee went out and I had to have emergency knee surgery. A few weeks later ALL of those irises arrived. It was all I could do to load up on Vicodin, stumble out to the garden, and get them planted. I managed to record names and locations of about 1/2 of them. This is one that slipped through the cracks.

Due to its size and vigor it is almost certainly 1 of the 3 vendors mentioned. Cooley's included labels with all of theirs; since I don't see a label, it is not likely theirs. Schreiner's included labels with most but not all of theirs; Leota's wrote name on leaves (in my drugged state it did not occurr to me that leaves might not stick around.lol) So, either Leota's or Schreiner's, most likely the latter as I ordered a lot of blues from them. I have the names of all of the irises I ordered, but still cannot figure it out.

I would say that it is a tall bearded. It is among the tallest I have. For a newly planted iris, it has been quite prolific so far. It has been in constant bloom for maybe 2 weeks. Throughout that time it has always had 2-3 full blooms at the top with 2 or more lowever on the stalk. You are right though, I don't see any yellow. When I look at it "in person", the lighter edge on the falls is very noticeable.

Doss, thank you so much for trying to help me with this. I love this iris. I've looked (several times) at everything on both vendor's sites w/o luck.

Here are some additonal shots: