Specialty Gardening: Future container garden area, 1 by SoCal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SoCal

In reply to: Future container garden area

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Future container garden area
SoCal wrote:
Kim, there is a pond right across from this spot, so I don't need another water feature that close. lol

Candy, thanks for looking.

Just for your concerns regarding the water damage to the house....that's doesn't seem to be a problem at all. The water drains away from the house and we are on a concrete slab foundation. You are also right, in that the only time we have problems, is when we have a lot of rain like we did this year and a few years ago. The water also came down from the surrounding berms in that area...see picture below. There is a small drain at the bottom of the pond hill, but with the amount of rain we had, it was going across the pathway into this spot and then had no where else to go. Once the water was caught in that spot, it couldn't drain back to the downhill drain.

I'm not sure what your saying regarding the pvc drainage channels. Where would I have the water drain into, as the surrounding area is all uphill. lol

I sure do appreciate you all helping me. Now don't forget that I said the soil is not good. Even though they brought in some soil and I have amended it, I still think that something has soured it....possibly all that cement from before.