Photo by Melody

Wildlife: Birdsters! May is here and we want to see your 'firsts'! :-), 1 by Magpye

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Magpye

In reply to: Birdsters! May is here and we want to see your 'firsts'! :-)

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Birdsters! May is here and we want to see your 'firsts'! :-)
Magpye wrote:
Yep, the prior thread, was a tad long and gettin' a bit 'winded' while loadin' .. (hee) ..

(*hee*) Juls .. The next time, that one of these lovely endearing lil sparrow species wander by here: I'll be sure to mention a 'ticular spot in Israel, that is in dire need of their presence .. where he and his comrades can flock on over to! .. LOL .. (* know that I am still merely luvinly teasin' ya hun!*)

I can imagine, that they are quite the comics .. where they are not already well established nuisances!!

Heather .. so glad you shared your wonderful 'rondi-vuu' with the lil Downy, with us! Even without photos .. your details provided ample enuff info .. to picture such, in our minds 'eye'!!

No doubt that more of us will attest - that, we believe that our feathered friends .. learn rather quickly; the hands and faces of those that provide the feed and seed for them!

We can take our feeders down to go clean and refill them - I swear there are certain Chikadees and Nuthatches, that will lite right nearby, on the logs .. as if to inquire, 'how long we gonna be' before we get back with the feeders. And the Titmice, that verbally announce .. 'yay, fresh grub is on the way!' .. and sometimes beat us back to the logs the feeders sit on, to await the return! Then, there's about 5-10 minutes of loud ruckusy announcing goin' on .. with them all being delightedly happy and celebrating!!

When we inadvertently let the feeders run out - we get some mitey hostile reprimands from all directions of the yard! Oh heavens-to-betsy .. we are promptly judged and sentenced! Even the red-bellied woodpeckers bang deliberately harder on the sides of the feeders, to arrouse urgent attention to our failures!! Then .. they'll look toward the front door .. jes as if to say, 'ya kinda fallin' down on the job here haintcha?' ... 'shape up, or ship out!' ... As soon as they're filled and back into place, we are jes as quickly fergiven tho' ... and awarded wonderfully vocal ooo's and ahhhh's (in bird language, of course!) .. hee

The lil bird beasts (*hee*) .. have gotten jes about the same way, with the doggone bird bath water too! ...

We've been paying a bit closer attention, to a most unique way that certain of the Nuthatches like to quench their thirsts .. but, until yesterday .. have been unable to capture it on digital! These fellers jes never cease to amaze me! The Nuthatches crack me up with their bossiness and their hilariously 'natural' antics ... Of course, the goldfinches are the 'side-kicks' in the day-to-day skits of bird-life, that probably all of us witness, most every day ...

- Magpye