Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: The colors of Spring, 1 by jamie68

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jamie68

In reply to: The colors of Spring

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The colors of Spring
jamie68 wrote:
Michele ~

I have pretty good luck with my columbine - they either come back or reseed themselves in the same spot ( and some surprises!) that I don't have to replace them often. I have about 6-7 varieties....and since they are a bit "promiscuos" I do get some very interesting seedlings sometimes...all the better, seeing new colors is fun, and if I don't want it there they pop out easily and can be moved, or removed...:o)

The Clematis in the pic....there are two in that spot growing and intertwining....are 'Bees Jubilee' and 'Jackamanii Superba'...they are sooo pretty in bloom together! I will post a pic, when they are blooming thier heads off, for ya...;o)

I really love your Daffodil 'Replete'! I have never seen one quite like it, do you mind my asking where you got them? I found it at Brecks, and ordered some, but wondered if there was another source as some of the bulbs I have gotten from them have been less than successfull....let me know...

Thanks!
ps. this is one of my favorites....Aquilegia alpina....I love this color of blue wherever I can find it, and finding it on a columbine is even better...LOL ;o)