Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Big Pot Planting Advice Wanted, 1 by GoldenDomer

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright GoldenDomer

In reply to: Big Pot Planting Advice Wanted

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Big Pot Planting Advice Wanted
GoldenDomer wrote:
April 2 has come and gone and the Serviceberries are potted. The stack of pictures show how we got them home, standing in the drive way, the potted barrel at the (soon to be painted) back of the house and the potted barrel on the front porch. These Serviceberries are semi dormant but all three have many beautiful healthy buds formed. It's an early fruiter as you know but I figure I have a 50-50 chance for this year since they are established three year old trees nursery grown only in potting mix.

For those of you who have a UBER's way of thinking the tag states: "Amelanchier canadensis 'Lamarcki' AMEL-LAMA or LAMARCKI SERVICEBERRY. A medium growing vase-like deciduous tree reaching a height of 30 to 35 feet liking either sun or shade with white flowers and dark red edible berries."

A lot happened from the time we picked them up and these bottom two pictures were taken. I will get into that detail (including a totally unexpected problem with the whiskey barrels) later in the week as my time permits.

I've got lots else to do and this project includes a ton of detail and pictures to select from in terms of what would be of the greatest interest and help to container gardeners. I'm thinking it might even be easier to do this in two or three installments. We'll see. I keep my word and I wont drag my feet.

Later,
Dave