Photo by Melody

Wildlife: Birdsters! April is upon usIt's time to post our 'Firsts'!, 1 by Magpye

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Magpye

In reply to: Birdsters! April is upon usIt's time to post our 'Firsts'!

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Birdsters! April is upon usIt's time to post our 'Firsts'!
Magpye wrote:
I'd sorta wondered why there wasn't a 'new' thread started yesterday - for April!
Then, it hit me - that you may have been a bit apprehensive .. considerin' that it was 'Fools Day' also! .. LoL ..

Welllll, by gollies .. I've finally got a '1st' too! Last year, we'd noticed these critters - but was never able to fetch myself a pitter! Now, they've visited once more - but, jest a wee small brew of them. I do believe that these fellers were Grackles ... I'd certainly never noticed that shimmery green glimmer on their heads before tho' ... Had thought they were solid black. .. hee ..

Was curious tho', if this other feller, that we found sittin' nearby a little later .. may have had anything to do with the Grackles keepin' an eye on the sky .. and then jes as quickly; tuckin' tail and gettin' gone also. I've no clue, as to what kind of hawk this relatively large beauty is - for I can't seem to find any other hawks with as 'white' a front, as s/he has! Anyone have any clues ?

- Magpye

.. #1 of 3 pics ...